8 January 2008

A way out...

Today I had to do a presentation at work for a bunch of guests on a subject that I'm not really an expert. And to make matters worse it was at 9.30am (I'm on 'zombie mode' until 10.00 at least) and I have a terrible cold. Oh, and it was pouring rain in the morning, so got to work soaking wet... All the ingredients for a successful morning, right? Well surprise! The presentation in itself went very well and all the comments were very positive, so I'm not complaining! But the purpose of this post is not to boast or brag, but to share with all a pearl of wisdom! OK, so learn to use these 2 sentences well: "I'm sure we'll find out soon enough" and "Only time will tell". Got it? These 2 sentences saved me from a few tight spots today, when I had no clue about what to answer on some question! I know, they don't work for ALL the questions, but try this: When answering, just kinda repeat the question but in other words, don't stutter or hesitate and this finish with "only time will tell..."
I must confess that I can't take credit for this... I came across this strategy when listening to this guy in a podcast i listen. I swear, he always seemed to have all the answers, when I noticed that he kept doing what I just described above instead of really addressing the question. So there you go, a useful tip and for free!

Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible for any bad results that migt incur from using these sentences...

No comments: