14 January 2008

Time does fly!

Just a quick note before moving on to Part 2 of the Top 11. I just noticed that yesterday was the 13th of January. What's so special about that? Well, 2 years ago, on Friday 13th of January, a little boy embarked on an adventure. He arrived in the UK full of hopes and dreams... only to have them crushed when he arrived in Basingstoke! That boy was me...

I don't feel like saying a lot on this. I could be here listing what went wrong and what went right, I could even to a Top 11 :) But I don't feel like it... I'm still here (was only supposed to stay for 6 months), so I guess it's working out for me. One thing I'll say, I certainly don't regret leaving Portugal and coming here. I've grown a lot (unfortunately not in height...) over these past 2 years and was forced to deal with some not-so-nice situations all on my own, but what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, right?

A big thanks to everyone who in any way helped and supported me during these 2 years, particularly those of you in Portugal who, especially during the the first few months, made me feel that even though I was miles away, I was not alone. You know who you are ;)

P.S.- And Basingstoke is bad, but not that bad... it's close to London!

No comments: