20 March 2008

From the UK to Porto we migrate


I'm finally going on a well deserved holidays, back home to Porto (that's in Portugal, in case someone less geographically gifted is wondering...). YAY!! As usual I expect it to rain, as in the 2 years I've been going there on hols, it always has to rain. Cold winter? Rain. Huge drought in the summer? Rain. But in the midst of seeing all those familiar faces again it doesn't really matter, so let it rain!
It's been 3 months since I last was "home" and so much has changed since my last visit. For starters, it'll be my first time there since this. But not all changes were this positive, unfortunately as (sad) recent events ocurred that'll change the life of people very dear and close to me (and I won't say more on this). Anyway, let's be optimistic for a change and believe that everything is going to be just fine! Oh yes it will!!

Of course, one of the things I'm most excited about is seeing my gorgeous niece again! She'll be 3 months next week, all grown up! I've decided I'll be the uncle who may be far away, but whenever he goes there takes lots of presents! (which by the way I still have to pack, somehow I always leave packing for the very last minute... )



Aww! Cute or what? Well, tomorrow I won't need any photos because I'll be there with her (but hopefully I won't have to change any diapers...).


I won't be posting much on the next few days (if at all), as I'll be busy trying to see everyone I miss here and catching up on everything (yes, that includes all the latest gossip!). And posting from my PC there would probably be an adventure in itself, as it's from around this time:



So, to all my friends in Portugal it's a "see you soon". To everyone else, wishes of a Happy Easter, lots and lots of chocolate eggs!

And I couldn't end this post without a little treat for all of you, could I? This is another new song from Mariah's new album E=MC² (the title obviously reflects Mariah's inner scientist, she's a true Einstein!) called Migrate that she performed just a few days ago (with T-Pain) on Saturday Night Live. I love this new song, can't help but to bounce to the awesome beat ;) Should be even better on HQ studio version, but we still have to wait a few more days for that. And after seeing this performance I am so taking a cane with me the next time I go out!

Enjoy the video for Migrate live at SNL by Mariah Carey and T-Pain:

For those of you with impeccable taste in music that would like to listen to this lots more times, here's the mp3: Mariah feat. T-Pain - Migrate (live @ SNL)

No comments: