1 February 2008

The Magician...

This lovely lady pictured here (and I say lovely in the loosest sense of the word…) is Maya. She's a tarot reader turned into a fame-seeking B-list celebrity (in Portugal). But I don't really care that Maya has slowly turned into much uglier, much older, very bad version of, let's say, a Paris Hilton as long has she keeps doing her Tarot thing.

You see, I started reading her weekly horoscopes way back during the late 90s. And for some reason, 90% of the times she gets it exactly right! Want proof?

Picture it: Porto, February 2000. A young Mariah Carey fan was planning everything to go to a Mariah concert in Madrid. This was before it was quick and easy to buy tickets online, so a friend of a friend who lived in Spain offered to buy me the tickets. Everything was going well, when just a few days before the concert, the person who was supposed to buy the tickets said she just couldn't do it (bitch!!). Dreams were shattered, all hope was lost...
Then comes Sunday, a new horoscope, and to my surprise Maya said that travel plans thought to have fallen apart would still happen. I thought she was out of her mind, but then what happened? My friend Elsa's boss was in Spain she called asking me if she wanted her to get me the tickets, and the next day I had the tickets in my hand! Two days later I was in Madrid... From then on I became a believer!

Another funny thing happened when I decided to have Maya's daily horoscope sent to my mobile. It all started very well, but then good days were bad and vice-versa. Something fishy was going on... I decided to check the daily horoscope online on a website, and voila! the horoscope being sent to my mobile was one day behind! I called my network operator and tried to explain it to them in a way that did not make me sound like a complete nutcase. The lady was very nice, but she sounded like she was indeed talking to a crazy person, saying 'yes' to everything.... To my surprise she called me back a few minutes later saying that I was absolutely right, there was a problem with the dates and that they would offer me 3 months of that service for free, for all my trouble.

But I digress.... My card for the month of February is the Magician, and according to Maya, it will be a very auspicious and dynamic month! Just the way I like it!! In terms of relationships, she tells me to be patient, that slowly things will come (god I hope so!). Ok, Maya, I’ll try to be patient… As they say, good things come to those who wait, right? In terms of my professional life, seems like I’ll have to deal with some delicate situations especially something to do with judging or take a position in acts involving friends. I wonder what that means…

I’ll also get along particularly well with Aries, Leo and Sagittarius, so if that’s you, then aren’t you lucky!! ;)

Wanna know what Maya has to say about your month? Then
click here! For our non-portuguese speaking friends, try this translated version here.

Maybe in a month or so my stupid poll question should be if Maya got it right for you or not…. Anyway, have a great February!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maya (one of my clients ocasionaly since 2005)is a special person,and,with an amazing sense of humor but unfortunaly she knows that i dont belive in tarot, horoscope and things like that...da da da da When i went to Fatima Lopes she was turn sardines in fire and i ask her:- Its more difficult than Turn cards??
But now I remember the Eternal Destiny´s Question that we have a looooong time ago and every time i said:-if you want fall right now is that in the Destiny? and you - THink that In The destiny theres that question that you made!
So, but i try again, and for the next time that Maya comes here i will tell that i have the "hombre" to make the best Tarot markting for her ;))) !

Unknown said...

In the professional and career changes in the month of February is well aspectado; the economy is strong, solid and allows obtain certainty that motivate and boost the natives of Capricorn. - What the hell does aspectado mean??

Antonio said...

@rodrigo: i dont think Maya would like some of he words i used to describe her... lol!

@miles: google translations uh? dont worry, basicaly it just means that in terms of career February is lookig good!