27 June 2008

Time to migrate (again)

The time is finally here to back to my Motherland. It's been 3 (long) months since I've been there, so quite looking forward to go back! Besides all the usual cliches (family, friends, etc) I really miss driving. Just the feeling of driving a car, speeding along , listening to some good tunes (especially this one), oh do I miss that. So in 2 days, room vroom - and on the right side of the road :)

And I'll be definitely be seeing this cute little face lots (and lots) of times! She'll be 6 months on Saturday. 6 months already, can you believe it? Happy half-birthday!! I expect her to be very different from the last time I saw her, 3 months ago. That's a long time in baby-time!!



And about a week from now I'll be attending a wedding! Two very dear friends of mine are getting married (with each other). I've know them for a good 10 years, and they were already together, so about time! I just hope that my weather curse doesn't strike again, or else there will be rain. About 2 years ago, mid-June went to a wedding there, and it rained - A LOT! There was heavy rain and a big thunderstorm. So, my apologies in advance if it does rain on that special day... I'll be positive and predict lovely sunny weather, maybe my curse is still exhausted from all that hard work in Italy! Anyhow, rain or no rain, it will be a really happy day.


Best wedding cake ever!

I hope I don't get asked to read at this wedding. When my other friends got married 2 years ago, I was asked to read a passage from the bible, just a few minutes before the ceremony. Well, somebody forgot to tell me that the lines in bold were meant to be read 3 times with the audience repeating it. Result: the priest behind me, kicking me while I was reading it, until he interrupted me and took over and read it properly. How rude!! :)

See you in a few days ;)

__________________________

Because I'm such a nice guy, here's a little something for while I'm away: 2 brand new Prof. Layton's puzzles :) Remember him? Answers when I get back (or you google it...)

"There are 15 people stranded on a tourist boat which will sink in 20 minutes. Using the one lifeboat, which can carry a maximum of 5 people, move the people to the nearby island. The surrounding sea is full of man-eating sharks, so swimming is out of the question. If it the round trip from the ship to the island and back takes 9 minutes, how many passengers can be saved?"


Hint: Your first immediate answer is probably wrong.

"There are 10 jars each with 50 pieces of candy in them. These have been divided randomly into half, just by eyeball estimation, and then placed in separate bags. This made 20 bags. What is the probability that the average number of candies in one bag is 25?"

Hint: Easier than it seems...

2 comments:

Bornsleepy said...

vienvenue a Portugal :P !

Your niece is ...bigger and full of life in that photo!!

@Leyton1 )) assuming that the rescue boat starts at the island first trip 9 minutes (4 passengers + driver)
and second trip 18 minutes (4 passengers + driver) totals for 8 passengers saved?

@Leyton 2 )) 50 candys times 10 jars times 2 halves equals 1000 candies that will be splitted unto 20 bags totalling 50 candies per bag. Zero is the answer?

Antonio said...

Thank you ;)

@Leyton1 )) wrong...

@Leyton 2 )) wrong...