21 January 2009

Veronica will be back (probably)

One of my favourite TV shows, the prematurely canceled Veronica Mars might be back in a big way!

My #4 Kick-Ass Girl might return not as a TV show but as a movie. The show's creator, Rob Thomas, recently stated in interview of his plans to bring back Veronica and her gang, picking up where the third and last season ended.

He says: "I’ve been struggling with this one plot point and I’m hopeful to figure that out. I watched the final episode of the series a few weeks ago and there were a lot of gaps and the plotting for the original came to me. I mean for the movie, I’m feeling like I’m on the right track now. But I don’t want to give that away yet.
The one thing that I will say is where it will pick up. I know we did that F.B.I. ‘what if’ thing, but we would not go to that place. I think it would open just days before the Hearst College Graduation. So Veronica would be sort of at the end of her college career."

Actually, I have no idea of what he is talking about - due to my habit of taking a looong time to watch any TV show I'm still halfway on season 2 of Veronica. But I'll get there, maybe just in time for the movie!



Veronica is already praying for this to come true!

This is great news, but you know what I'd really like? All-together now: an Alias movie. I've given up hoping for that but how awesome would that be? Any Alias episode already had the look and feel of movie but it would be amazing to see Sydney, Jack, Sloane and co. on the big screen. And a giant sized Sark and Vaughn? Hmm……

A bit of history for you regarding this: While Alias was still airing, there rumours of a movie being planned. Unfortunately, Tom Cruise, after watching Alia's first season, decided he wanted J.J. Abrams (the show's creator) to write and direct Mission Impossible 3. After that, J.J. decided that was close enough to having an Alias movie, as both shared the same kind of spy-themed action. MI3 did have a few bits that were pure Alias and fun to watch, but an Alias, with all the great characters (and no Tom Cruise) would have been a gazillion times better! Yet another reason not to like our old Tom….



Tom Cruise

No comments: