5 February 2009

Super Smash Brothers OST!

Super Smash Brothers: great series of games, fulfilling legions of Nintendo fans' dreams of battles between countless classic characters. On the latest game we can even have Mario vs Sonic - if had a pence for how many times i had this argument during my childhood years. Really, if someone from the future went back in time a la Terminator and told me that Sonic would be in a Nintendo game, on a Nintendo console with Mario my head would probably explode!!


Anyway I bought Super Smash Brothers Brawl for my Wii recently and it's a really fun fighting game, if a bit too similar to its predecessors. For me, a self-proclaimed Nintendo fan, the best about it is how it constitutes an archive of Nintendo wonderment. The iconography of Nintendo is cemented in the characters, the stages, the collectible trophies (hundreds!), the stickers and even playable demos of retro games.






The intro movie is epic!

And the soundtrack? Amazing - pure aural pleasure! I cannot even imagine the effort that must have gone into creating the soundtrack: experimental compositions of classic themes, orchestral revivals of old tunes (finally orchestral Zelda tune!) and songs that I never even knew existed. And all these new versions or remixes were actually made by the original composers! So, how many songs are in this game? 314. Obviously, you might wanna enjoy these songs outside the game, or even have them as ringtones (I certainly did). Luckily then it's the Internet age! Below are the links to download the OST, ripped from the game (thanks to whoever did this!), in high quality:

[202 - 247] Part 6: Wii/DS games, Metal Gear & Sonic
[248 - 314] Part 7: SSB Melee and Brawl original songs

The choice is so overwhelming I still haven't decided which ones to have as my ringtone. But I've already chosen my alarm song, to which I wake up to everyday - it's perfect:






"A good-morning ringtone!"


A couple of my favourite Nintendo tunes, remixed for Brawl:






Super Mario Bros Remix







The Legend of Zelda


P.S. Please Mr. Nintendo lawyer don't sue me! I don't think it's illegal to have these files for download, as you can't buy them *i suppose*. Anyway, one word and I'll remove them.








3 comments:

Bornsleepy said...

wow, big post will read it later,
on a quick comment,
you know that, due to reviews and now with your post, the soundtrack of that game is one of the few reasons because i, eventually, will buy that game?! I know, I know, i'm kinda of a loonie on falling out of love with the Smash Series, but it just happened..

Antonio said...

lol, I think it's more to listen than to actually read! But yeah, besides the amazing soundtrack, there's also a very good game with it and with loads to do!

Anonymous said...

The game is amazing and the music is excellent! My favourite are the Starfox tunes.