17 July 2008

No luck with Lady Luck

I'm no good with the ladies... My "experiment" yesterday with the scratch cards, how did it turn out? I LOST £15!!!! I spent £20, and ended getting 3 winning cards - £1 and 2x £2. You don't need to be a mathematical genius to realize that it results in a loss of £15...




Things I could've bought with £15:


- At least 2 DVDs
- 4 Vodka Red Bull and one beer
- A bargain or second-hand Wii game
- A t-shirt from this very cool American Site ( SnorgTees )
- A nice meal out
- 15 lines at the lottery
- ...

And the list goes on and on. No more scratch cards for me, the only thing scratching I'll do now is scratching my head, thinking how stupid I was. Well, at least I tried, and it did bring some excitement and to the office as everyone here was very curious at how this would turn out. 15 pounds.... What a waste :(

3 comments:

Biti said...

É por isso que eu gosto deste blog... só tu para me fazeres rir!!

Bornsleepy said...

well ...
i kinda wanted to point that out in my previous comment, but i didn't wanted to foul your mood or give you basis to claim JINX! ... but with 1/4 probabilities to win you had to expect something like this..... its math :/

Antonio said...

@iris: ainda bem q a desgraca alheia te faz rir!! ;) continua a visitar para mais desgracas, eheh!

@bornsleepy: yes, but I could've won 2x£1 and 1x£50! but i didn't... better luck next time - actually no, tehre wont be a next time.